I've been tagged by Deb over at Story-Beads. Her blog is Spiritual Anecdotes. Deb is part of our Joyful Business Journey program and I'm just getting to know all the wonderful things about Deb and her business(and there is a lot!) and now I get to learn a couple of quirky/random things! Deb is a very creative business owner...she has a cool business creating ritual beads....very inspirational! I put in my holiday request to my hubby and ordered a few gifts as well!
Ok, so Deb and hopefully you, dear reader..want to hear 7 random things about me? ...So, here it goes:
Oops, first I'm suppose to post the rules!
1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself
4. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.
Here we go...
1. I love sticky notes! I have them in all colors, shapes and forms! My LPE (Life Partner Extraordinaire) puts them in my stocking! (hint, hint...keep it coming love!)
2. Speaking of which...my first album was KC and the Sunshine Band - tKeep It Coming Love & Shake Your Booty) the white one with the rainbow on the front (from my best friend, Teresa - I still remember my locker being decorated!)
3. I started my own business in 2001 after working with a coach (my first coach was Stacey Mayo, now author of a great book, "I Can't Believe I Get Paid to Do This!") to try to recover my passion. I was so burnt out in corporate after 5 buyouts and mergers in 6 years...I was freaked out...who is a marketing person without passion?
4. Joyful Business came from my own pursuit of expressing myself. Most people think I'm just positive. Nope...(well, now I usually am)..but I've had to develop the habit over the years of daring to discover my joy and having the courage to express my joy and let it out into the world (ie: be seen!).
5. I love scrapbooking supplies - kind of related industry to sticky notes. I could just stand and dream of possibilities in the scrapbook aisles at Michaels. The I buy a few things and they sit waiting to be used...one day....
6. My wedding band inscription from my marriage last year has the inscription: 1221 with the first 2 turned backward...the two 2's look like two swans forming a heart. There's more story behind that.... :)
7. I have Rose Quartz rocks on my desk...these help you tap into your heart energy. Think about how watches are run on crystals...they have energy....I love my rocks!
8. Trying to think of wierd things..not coming up with much wierd..but here's a bonus quirky thing....when I get really busy I decompress at night when I get into bed by watching the same DVd over and over again...a couple years ago it was Moulin Rouge...this fall it's Pride & Prejudice. Over and over...every night....I don't have to think, I just enjoy, I start at random places and just let it go. It doesn't matter if I fall asleep, I don't have to keep up with the story line...just relax and enjoy.... any body else do that?
Ok...how'd I do??
So a sidenote from a business perspective...I can't help myself: So I am curious about this phenomenon of "tagging" people and wanting to read 7 Random things. It's defintely a "marketing thing" in several ways...it links your blog with other blogs which gains points with the web spiders....it also gives you some personality and makes you seem real to your readers. And Marketing is all about "Building Relationships" and this is one way to do this....
Now I'm tapping some friends who blog...Please share 7 Random Things...
Linda Woods and Karen Dinino - the sisters behind the book Journal Revolution - really inspired by your video done in the car by one of your sons using a cell phone video recorder - can marketing get more fun & easy?!!
Pam Slim @ Escape From Cubicle Nation - As a former escapee I love her blog and business observations...and Pam we want to know...what KIND of cupcake were you eating when you got excited about the Back Fat niche?
Serenity Hawkfire - (Fans of Suzanne Falter-Barnes- cover your eyes & ears and get prepared to laugh!) - I can't even imagine what Random/Wierd Things Serenity could share that she hasn't already... Serenity Hawkfire
Beverly @ Embrace Your Gifts and Soar - You've got to see her BIG tree photo from Hawaii!
Dawn @ Write Well U - She always has a fascinating perspective!
Antonia at Antonia Russo.com NY Fashion...coming at you!
Sharilyn Horne (my web guru) Sharilyn Horne Designs...humor and techno info...
Teresa @ Woman Soaring - Teresa is testing the waters with a new blog - this will give you a content idea!